Sunday, May 15, 2011

Vintage Find Brings back Memories and Inspires


I am inspired by just about anything that is well designed- 
a shoe, a font, even a funky spoon has inspired me!
So when I saw this vintage Solair chair at a yard sale- I just had to have it for it's design sure, but it brought back great memories also, reminding me of my childhood. 
My parents' neighbors,The Keiths had (perhaps still have) olive green versions around their pool. I have wonderful memories of summer days swimming with the other neighborhood kids and hangin' out in the chairs.
Solair chairs were designed by architects 
Fabiano & Panzini in 1972. 
The chairs which are part of the permanent collection of the Musee National Des Beaux-Arts Du Quebec are as comfortable as funky!   
The chairs are still in production – 
which is good to know, but for me vintage makes it that much more authentic.
It is a perfect complement to my garden- a west coast design (in progress.)
Ahhh Summer is just around the corner.
To creating new summer memories!


No comments: