Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Giving Project Day 8

Photo by Robyn Lehr, from Real Simple

It is what as known as "step up day" at school today- the kids enjoy a day with the teacher they will have next year. My kids are excited about the day, their new teachers, and the excitement of being one grade higher! It is hard to believe the school year is almost over as I reflect on what a great year the boys have had.

My daily gift today is saying thanks to their teachers. Sure, thanks for the basics of teaching to read, spell and add and subtract, which goes without saying, but for me it is also how both teachers saw and encouraged my sons' individual strengths, guided them to be confident in their choices, encouraged their sense of humour, provided leadership opportunities, but, perhaps most of all, that the boys come home and say, "I like school."

Thank you Mrs. S and Mrs. Y.
Enjoy your summer!

No comments: